As a result of whaling and other human and natural influences, many species of whales and dolphins are considered to be in danger of extinction according to the Endangered Species Act.
Without dolphins, the animals they prey on would increase in number, and their predators wouldn't have as much to eat. This would disrupt the natural balance in the food chain and could negatively affect other wildlife and the health of the ocean environment.
Can you imagine our oceans without dolphins? Neither can we.
Here are some things you can do to help make the dolphins' world safer and healthier:
1. Reduce - Reuse – Recycle - Rethink - Respond; bring your reusable grocery totes, If you must buy disposables. ..
buy paper products rather than plastic or Styrofoam. The manufacture of Styrofoam depletes the ozone layer.
- Conserve water, waste not and fix leaks,
- Use fewer harmful chemicals and pollutants, and dispose of them properly,
- Try to use phosphate-free laundry and dish soaps.
- Don't use electrical appliances for things you can easily do by hand.
- Save your kitchen scraps for the compost pile.
- Boycott tuna or buy only “dolphin-safe,”
- Use Seafood Watch to choose seafood that's good for you, and good for the oceans
- Volunteer your time to conservation projects. Participate in stream and beach cleaning programs,
- Become more involved in marine environmental issues
- Vote for candidates that share your sentiments.
- Write your legislators when you have an opinion about pending legislation on environmental, land use and other issues.
- Plant native, insect resistant. trees and shrubs in your backyard to provide food and shelter for birds and other creatures.
- Pull weeds Instead of using herbicides. Learn about natural insect controls as alternatives to pesticides.
- Use public transit. Ride your bike or walk instead. Drive a more gas efficient car.
By wearing this Bluhumun Dolphin Love T-shirt, you'll help contribute to protecting Dolphin and our precious ocean ecosystem!
|Sleeve length, in